Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two Kinds of Foamcore Board

New to me, maybe not to you.  So far all the Foam Core Board projects have been with a board with a heavy, smooth paper outside surface, produced by Borden.  For some time I have been holding onto several sheets by R. L. Adams Plastics, Inc. that I thought were just foam without paper outside.  Last week I was using some of this to make a stone tunnel portal.  I drew, scribed, cut and stained the portal.  When dry I detected a slight film raising at a corner and discovered the board DID have a paper outside, although a very thin and more rough one.  Going back to the original board I found that the thin paper could be easily pulled back and removed Other have written about how you can scribe foam for stone and block work.  This Adams product should do well for this scribing. 

More info and pictures in the next day or so on the tunnel portal and truss bridge sides.  Stand by.

Armchair

No comments:

Post a Comment